need some advice for shooting portraits shots in urbex settings

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
my girlfriend has wonderfully agreed to model for me in some of the sites round my uni accommodation next time shes up and was wondering if anyone had any reads or any advice on working with models in such dirty, moody places? ive never properly worked with models before so anything would be gratefully appreciated!

looking for tips on stuff like posing, positioning, lighting, clothing, expressions and stuff like that...

in places such as:

7Un0E.jpg

iGOwF.jpg

kYzys.jpg

l9iAR.jpg

thaks in advance!

Firstly check out that the places are safe to walk around.

The poses & looks are really up to what you want to achieve. I would suggest that you pack some rubbish sacks or pieces of rug to put under the model if you plan to have them lying on the ground.

Looks a little too far gone to be safe to me, are there any more sites around you?

As for posing if it is safe'ish, heavy smudged make-up, torn clothing, laddered tights etc and that scared looking over the shoulder look as she seems to be escaping something.

Firstly check out that the places are safe to walk around.

The poses & looks are really up to what you want to achieve. I would suggest that you pack some rubbish sacks or pieces of rug to put under the model if you plan to have them lying on the ground.

the sack/rug idea is something i completely didnt think about - cheers

Looks a little too far gone to be safe to me, are there any more sites around you?

As for posing if it is safe'ish, heavy smudged make-up, torn clothing, laddered tights etc and that scared looking over the shoulder look as she seems to be escaping something.

ive been in and done a recky on the place to see wheres safe and wheres not so i wouldnt put my model in danger (even more so cos shes my girlfriend!)

do you have any examples or names of photographers who do this kind of thing? ive been trying to find some good photographers who do it but im clueless on names of photographers :(

do you have any examples or names of photographers who do this kind of thing? ive been trying to find some good photographers who do it but im clueless on names of photographers :(
Me too lol, I'll have a look through some of my bookmarks, sure to be some there.

for bare foot shots put sandals on the model's feet and try and disguise them, the last thing you want is to be heading off to A&E for an infected nail hole in your lovely girlfriend's feet :)

Back