Negative scanning recommendation

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi. I was going to scan my negatives myself (as I mentioned in some other threads), but decided it was too much hassle!

Does anyone recommend one of the may companies who offer to do this service? There seem to be so many of them out there. I have two different needs really - all my 35mm negs, and the copious amount of P&S 35mm and (shudder) APS stuff from my wife.

Thanks

Hi,

I would reccommend scanitall, they did a lot of slides and negatives for me with excellent quality and they do APS (although the page seems to have disappeared so you may want to ask):

http://www.scanitall.co.uk/ScanItAll/

Ask them to scan them on the Coolscan 9000 as they have a selection of film scanners and thats their best (in fact the best film scanner ever made).

Last edited:
Jessops will also do this for you as they will have 35mm and APS masks for their scanners. At least they should, anyway. As to scan to CD as this is obviously cheaper than prints. Cant remember the price though.

Are your 35mm shots in strips of 6 or 4 or what ever? and not single frames or something silly like that? Are there any mounted 35mm slides? If so, the slides will take a while.

Jessops should be able to get most orders done next day unless you really do have a lot to scan. The scanner wont be as good as a coolscan, but will get 6MP images if you ask them to scan at 6x9 size. More than adequate unless you plan on printing bigger than A3. (And yes, I've had a 6MP image printed at 60x40 inches, and it looked fine :p)

Last edited:
Back