Neglected Cottage

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I had a meeting in a small village called Clungunford in Shropshire today. On my way I saw this fantastic ruined cottage and decided to take some pictures on my way home. Luckily for me I found it.

Which of these three if any do you prefer.

_DSC9647sepduplexsmaller.jpg

_DSC9648sepexpressivecroppedsmaller.jpg

_DSC9650sepexpressivesmaller.jpg

Best regards

Chris

Last edited:
Very nice, #3 for me I think, nice and sharp. The colour one is nice too but looks a bit soft? perhaps needs some sharpening after any edits that you may have made.

Hi Chris,
For me the last is the strongest composition. Not keen on the processing in #1. It looks washy and weak to me.
Regards,
Dean

No.3. for me. Lovely

Barney

#3 for me too!

-H

Hi All,

Many thanks for your comments, looks like no 3 may go into the club competition:)

Hi mattehew_rk,

The 'soft' processing was a deliberate action. I understand that it is not to everyone's liking. Just an attempt to see how it looks.

Hi squizza,

Will see if I can put an original up later today.

Once again, many thanks for everyone's comments.

Best regards

Chris

I like #1. I might be tempted to crop the sky...just a thought.

Choosing an image for a club comp is a nightmare. I sit there on the night wishing i had put so ans so in instead of the one I chose. That's why I post on TP to pick faults.

Number 3 for me too but I actually really like number 1. The colours remind me of a picture taken in the 50's

Number three, good composition, shows more detail of the old cottage.
I find old ruined buildings like this fascinating, they have a history and that bit of unknown about them.

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks once again for all the additional comments.

The cottage as you can see is simply in the middle of a field just South of the village of Clungunford on the East side of the B4367.

Best regards

Chris

At the risk of repeating everyone elses comment, No 3 is my favorite, although I like the effect in No1.

Have you thought of doing a soft B+W version?

At the risk of repeating everyone elses comment, No 3 is my favorite, although I like the effect in No1.

Have you thought of doing a soft B+W version?

Hmm,

Will give that a look over the weekend.

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

Based on discussions and thoughts I have cropped picture three as follows:

_DSC9650sepexpressivecroppedsmaller.jpg

Regards

Chris

Like the crop version better, would like to see a sharp colour version.

Dave.

I like them all. The 1st is very dreamy and subtle. The others are good also but i guess No3 is the best out the 3.

Back