Nephew at MotoX

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from last years season for my nephew's MotoX. Was the first time out with the 35-350L and I was getting used the the zoom method. Fairly pleased with them :)

C&C?

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

Andy

Nice shootin Andy, likin the first one alot.
How you finding the 35-350L, was thing about one a while ago, but plumped for the 100-400L instead.
Dean:)

The 35-350 is good, really like it but wish it had IS. I bought it for the lower range over the 100-400 as I thought with the type of shooting I do the 35 would give me a real good walk around lens and with the 100-400 I would then need two lenses all the time :shrug:

So it was a good all day lens if I was going to an event where walking around with an L glass would draw to much attention :D

Where I miss out now is as I am getting more interested in wildlife the 350 is not long enough. Also the lack of IS means I don't get as sharp an image as I could with the 100-400. Not able to use a convertor on the 35-350 may drive me to buy the 100-400 in the end for longer range wildlife, not sure :shrug::shrug:

How are you getting on with your 100-400?

Nice shots but the background in the second spoils it a bit.

35-350 should be a good range for motox, just about cover everything :)

Yes I agree, bit busy and distracting.

Love the 100-400, great for aircraft and sports stuff.
Though not using the 400 end much otherwise.
28-300L might replace it at some point.
Dean:)

Nice shots Andy.
Re the 35-350,its one I have been trying out lately on a 1d,and the pair of them together is sooo heavy,a monopod definately needed for sharp shots imho.
I am normally a Nikon man,but have been tempted to the white side by a chance to use this set up.
When I go to do bird photography everyone and his dog seems to have 500mm primes ,usually white,but the 100-400 are popular as walk round lenses.
Pons

If I remember rightly the 28-300 is VERY heavy, which is what put me off that one. However if you are not using the 400 reach then it would be a nice lens, just spend some time in the gym :LOL:

So far I haven't found the weight of the 35-350 to be much of a problem and I believe it is about the same as the 100-400. However I do have a monopod on hand for sporting events I just haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I do like the flexibility of a zoom so never really considered a prime before. Perhaps one day I'll give one a go, then start saving again! :)

Back