Nervous newbie here

Name
Suzanne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

My name is Suzanne and I am delighted to find this forum. I've been reading it as a lurker for ages now but have only just plucked up the courage to join in.

Most of my photography is motorsport/music/landscape stuff but I'm more of an over-enthusiastic amateur rather than a proper photographer. Having said that, I sort-of turned professional last year. As a day job I work in medical publishing (and have a motorsport link to it); at weekends the camera comes out and I head off to Silverstone (or any other racing circuit in the UK) and I start to practice from behind the catch-fencing. I am a long-time member of the Silverstone Racing Club and also a member of its Steering Group (excuse the pun) who are (unpaid) advisors to the SRC and, by extension, the BRDC and SCL.

I'm fortunate because a couple of professional motorsport photographers have taken me under their wing and are training me in the art of motorsport photography. I owe a lot to them because they help me arrange accreditation at Silverstone and give me a lot of support - as does the Circuit. However, I am completely in awe of the real photographers because their shots are fantastic.

I would like to join this forum to learn more about photography and photographers. It's not just taking pictures, it's learning more about my camera and also about etiquette. I am always terrified of doing something wrong, wandering into the wrong place, getting in the way of anybody or getting on people's nerves.

Best wishes

Suzanne

Wow suzanne you are lucky. I love motorsport and would love to get the chance of being on the other side of the fence. I went to the festival of speed earlier this year, and was extremely annoyed that i couldn't get close to the action like the authorised photographers can.
Think photography and motorsport together is like a dream come true but a little hard to get into

Welcome to the forum.. don't be shy it sounds like you'll be able to get posting some interesting pics soon.. Looking forward to some motorsport ones!

G

Welcome Suzanne...

Not long joined up here myself... you`ll like TP... it`s cool... :lock:

I also love my motorsport but have never had the chance to attend anything big...

Your a lucky girl getting to go to Silverstone... professional advice etc... sounds like you do good work too, well done.

Nice one (y)

I look forward to seeing some of your shots.

:)

Last edited:
Yup welcome looks like you heading in right direction already :)

Hi Suzanne & Welcome :D

You don't have to be shy here! All seem very friendly and helpful. If you should get yourself in the wrong place, someone will politely point you in the right direction I am sure. Enjoy all that this site has to offer. For me this is an awfull lot, and I like it.
Look forward to seeing some of your posts. Don't be scared, there are photos from many togs at different levels, all seem to be welcome and help is always available if required.
Mike

Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome to the madness(y)
We were all new and nervous at some point, tis a freindly place and i am sure you will love it.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work:D

Hi,

I've only been on here for a month or so, and everyone is really friendly and helpful.

By the sounds of it you'll be having more hands on experience than many others.

Welcome

S

Hello Suzanne and welcome, look forward to seeing some of your work(y)

Welcome to posting Suzanne :wave: now you've got over the first hurdle and posted a message, it's time to take the next step and post some pictures (y)

^^^ Same here :D

Welcome to the site :D

Please post some motorsport pics :D

:welcome:

Hello! No need to be nervous! It's great here, I have had a lot of help from a great bunch!

Enjoy what you do!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work! (y)

LB x

Back