Net ball advice

Name
Tug
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just done a load of team shots for a local netball team, They have now asked me to shoot some games for them and also cover the team shots for the 5 junior teams... Nice for me eh...

Problem is,,, I've never done netball before, any advice on kit or the hot shots to go for..best position to shoot from ???

They want some images for the website but also lots of interest from potential purchasers too...

I think it could be a big regular job if I play it right. The ladies and girls seemed to warm to me being there at their practice session.

Thanks in advance

Tug

You mention junior teams....... Might want to check with the club and get them to sign a disclaimer about taking pictures of under 18s.

Problem is,,, I've never done netball before, any advice on kit or the hot shots to go for..best position to shoot from ???

Not done netball.. basketball? so can maybe advise on kit.

Like any other sport.. dont chase the game so take the mkIV and mkIII. Take the 50mm and and 135mm using the 135 for other end stuff :)

unless its really nice light then I would strongly advise setting your WB or risk an orange cast or worse. shooting RAW might not be a good idea as stuff like this usualy means a heck of a lot of shots.

Not much can be said really... any sport I go to for the first time I usualy google/images to see what others shoot and then just wing it:)

Cant offer any advice mate but im in your neck of the woods on Saturday at the Panthers

Hi Gary, It will be good to see you again. Will you have time for a brew ?

You mention junior teams....... Might want to check with the club and get them to sign a disclaimer about taking pictures of under 18s.
Got that covered Russ but thanks for the reminder

Not done netball.. basketball? so can maybe advise on kit.

Like any other sport.. dont chase the game so take the mkIV and mkIII. Take the 50mm and and 135mm using the 135 for other end stuff :)

unless its really nice light then I would strongly advise setting your WB or risk an orange cast or worse. shooting RAW might not be a good idea as stuff like this usualy means a heck of a lot of shots.

Not much can be said really... any sport I go to for the first time I usualy google/images to see what others shoot and then just wing it:)

I shot a few frames lat night as they were training...Its a really fast moving game and I could not decide whether or not a fix prime at one end would be the order of the day or whether to shot with two bodies with the 50mm on one and the 135 or the 70-200 2.8.. on the other..
I was getting 500 at f/2.0 at 3200 on the MKIV(50mm)

What I did learn from last night was the need to understand the rules for this game..Lots of infringements cause a change of ball posession. Then all of a sudden it slows to a snails pace as a penalty shot is awarded...not really an action shot though!! I also asked the girls what images they would prefer, They just stated action shots...lol ...there are lots of those but just such a fast pace.

Netball........ fast moving?????

I thought they wern't allowed to move with the ball :shrug: or only move 2 steps with it :thinking:

Have a look at Kipax website, or my flickr, basketball is the same game but the player actually moves very fast with the ball, I would suggest 50mm near the corners or under the net to get some 'shooting shots' and the 135mm to reach further up the court. Not really followed the game so not sure how the players spread across the court.

Good luck with it anyway and post some up here so we can see the difference in game styles ;)

Phil.

Netball........ fast moving?????

Phil.

It can be! A ball moves faster that the players. I use to play abit of social stuff in the days of being young and fit. You sweat more that a rapist.

Watching the togs here at internation games they sit behind the back line towards the sides, and not on the "d" line. You can get a players bunching up there. They all tend to use 70-200.

It can be! A ball moves faster that the players. I use to play abit of social stuff in the days of being young and fit. You sweat more that a rapist.

Watching the togs here at internation games they sit behind the back line towards the sides, and not on the "d" line. You can get a players bunching up there. They all tend to use 70-200.

Cheers John.

haha great line to use in a girls game topic....:LOL:

:LOL:

Back