Never seen this before

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday I came around the front of the house to hear a bit of a commotion - small birds alarm calling - from a small, shrubby tree.

Then a sparrowhawk emeged and flew past me about 10 feet away, carrying a small bird in its talons. I see sparrowhawks now and again, but I have never seen one with prey.

A great sighting for me, but not good for the little bird, though somewhere the sparrowhawk probably has mouths to feed.

Dave

We have one that visits our garden now and again ( very small village on the edge of farm land) it has taken small birds and the odd Pigeon. I walked out the shed one day and it's wing actually touched my forehead. The first morning we had slept here there was a loud bang I came down to investigate to find a Sparrow Hawk had chased a Pigeon into our kitchen window and was now sat on top of my dog kennel about 4 feet away eating it ! Their eyes are something else, a beautiful bird altogether. I love wild life and where I live and wander about I have loads of opportunity to see it , one of the reasons I moved here.

Last edited:
Seen a sparrowhawk take a sparrowhawk in our backwardness.they are so fast

Back