New 450D User - 1st Day Out

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya,

Here are a few of my first few efforts, let me know what you think..... go gentle

Birstwith_Weir_1.jpg

Birstwith_Weir_2.jpg

Birstwith_Weir_Gate.jpg

Last edited:
Last one is good, first two look the same.
The first two are good shots but the building in the background spoils them, maybe from a different angle might be better.

Last one is good, first two look the same.
The first two are good shots but the building in the background spoils them, maybe from a different angle might be better.

Cheers Chris - my bad - i've edited the post to have the my fave one without the buildings on now.

The last is a good idea, but the sky is completely blown out.

The last is a good idea, but the sky is completely blown out.

Cheers, I keep getting that - im really struggling with dark foreground, bright sky - is my speedlite the answer? should i meter the sky and lock it? any advice - please!

I really need to stop feeling embarrassed about using my speedlite infront of friends in glorious sunshine and having to explain - I guess :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Last edited:
Would've been so much better if you'd bought a Nikon....!

....I jest. Re.the last frame, experiment with bracketing this kind of shot, with the aim of getting a reasonable exposure onto the sky. As long as details are not completely blown out, or overexposed to total blackness, you can retrieve detail in post-processing.

Its a process. Best wishes, and enjoy the journey. It never stops!

Very nice. They need a little post processing to bring some colour out as they are a little flat. The 450d is a super camera. Love to see more!

Back