New Camera Quick

Name
Clydeen Mc Donald
Edit My Images
No
Hey everybody is a while i havent post here. I have a bit of a problem my camera got destoried latest week and i try need one in a hurry.

I am currently doing an intership as a photojournalist in a newspaper so i need a camera and a lens kit that would be good for all types of photography that I would not have to upgrade in a hurry.
I am on a low budget so I dont mind going used if it comes to that i would prefer a new one.
So far i have looked at the Canon 40D, Nikon D80 and a few other but like i said i am on a low budget

If you can stomach going used (and preferably still get a warranty) then do, it'd mean you could afford to spend more money on a decent lens.

When you say you need to be able to shoot everything, I take it that means wide through to long telephoto. If this is the case, then I would advise:

1). Used 20D or 30D (or even 40D if you're lucky)
2). Sigma 17-70 - You may be lucky and get one used, but they are a bargain even at the new price
3). Canon 75-300 IS (used). This lens is such a bargain. Compared to the newer and pricier 70-300 it performs just as well (as long as you get a sharp copy) but is slightly bigger and with a less sophisticated IS system. That said, it's a great lens and produces wonderful shots, particularly of people as the perspective is squashed nicely over that kind of focal length.

Cheers,
James

Would the 30d be good for shooting sport (cricket , football and motor)

Back