New Canon Competition

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
We've been approached by an agency working for Canon, to put this competition forward to our members. Naturally we're delighted to :)

Here's a snippet of what it's all about....

The brief is for photographers to upload images which they feel are representative of their own European country and capture the spirit of their nation.

Taken from http://fashion.canon-europe.com/aboutsite.html

The most creative and iconic images of UK & Ireland will inspire a unique national fashion collection created by Matthew Williamson, which will be displayed at London Fashion Week in September.

Sixteen other European countries are also being invited to influence a fashion collection in their own country. The resulting garments will be showcased via public exhibitions and events across Europe from September. So do your country proud.

This website has been built using the latest technology. It makes uploading your photos, voting for your favourite images in weekly competitions and searching for photos an exciting experience. You can even use these images to create your own moodboards and play the fashion designer yourself.
Win a stylish Canon IXUS 70 every week

From now until August the image that receives the most votes each week will win our latest Canon compact camera, the stylish Digital IXUS 70.

Have a browse round the website and see what you think.

Kind Regards

Marcel

Hi everyone,

Marcel, thank you for opening this thread. It is much appreciated :)

As you can read in Marcel's post, about 30p for every photo uploaded on the site will be donated to the Red Cross.

I will read this thread on a regular basis, so feel free to post any questions, comments, etc. here.

Also, maybe to get some ideas, what do people think is stereotypical of the UK/Ireland? Do you try to get rid of these steroetypes or do you embrace them?

Why does roast beef, yorkshire pud and horseraddish sauce spring to mind :D
I will have a go at this.
Many thanks

Many thanks

More like a curry and larger these days :LOL:
And a very worthwhile cause too (y) Well done!

I will have a go at this.
Many thanks

You're making me hungry now!

For me, as a foreigner who has lived in the UK for quite a while now, the stereotypes vary where I am. If I am back home in The Netherlands the stereotype these days is drunk men on stagnights in Amsterdam. If I am here, it's drunk women on stagnights in London :LOL:

But also, for me, it's the wide variety of the country. In all kinds of different ways.

Back