New Canon S2 Practice Shot...

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
ducks0055ez.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The shots are very pleasant OB - I don't know the camera, what settings did you use?

regards

stepheno said:
The shots are very pleasant OB - I don't know the camera, what settings did you use?

regards

Automatic and quite a lot of Zoom.....the Camera has 48X Zoom....so I was trying it out to see what it was like...

Remember the 48x includes digital zoom, at which point the picture quality is severely degraded. If after optimum quality it may be worth switching Digital zoom off & use optical zoom only. Thats what I did with my Z1 :)

DJW said:
Remember the 48x includes digital zoom, at which point the picture quality is severely degraded. If after optimum quality it may be worth switching Digital zoom off & use optical zoom only. Thats what I did with my Z1 :)

Cheers DJW....sounds like a very good idea will do it right now before I forget....very pleased with the camera so far anyway

Excellent....looking forward to some cracking shots from you :) Hope you are able to enter the biweekly theme & monthly comp....the more the merrier

DJW said:
Excellent....looking forward to some cracking shots from you :) Hope you are able to enter the biweekly theme & monthly comp....the more the merrier

Will try to .....must really get myself cracking with this new camera, got very lethargic of late, perhaps its the cold weather !

Your not alone there...I keep looking out at great sun, only to step outside & find it's freezing.....back in to that lovely fire ;)

DJW said:
Your not alone there...I keep looking out at great sun, only to step outside & find it's freezing.....back in to that lovely fire ;)

Like this ????:)

Street scene with a Second shot Full Zoom 48X to house opposite end of road...definition is pretty good even with Digital Zoom involved..

Now with Sharpen in PSPX

b;limey thats got some range!

deffo turn off the digi zoom though, it will ruin your piccies at long range!

Matty said:
b;limey thats got some range!

deffo turn off the digi zoom though, it will ruin your piccies at long range!

Yes already done that..... but thought I'd show you these, which I thought were quite impressive if and when needed...

it is indeed impressive! B I G zoom

Unless you are shooting an uncompressed format there IS some benefit to digital zoom. There is less compression in a digital zoomed shot and hence more detail. I suggest you test it by taking a max optical zoom shot and then the same with max digital zoom. Enlarge the optical shot on screen to view the same as the digital and see which is better.

The difference is not great but if you have no other way to get close enough it is worth using.

Back