New Compact

Name
Russell Hill
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone :wave:

I want a new little compact camera to go with my D400 because sometimes you just don't have the time or the space for an SLR. I just want something that when I am not out with the SLR I can just have in my pocket or little bag. I normally have my D400 with me where ever I go but sometimes you just want a little compact to snap something quick.

What do you guys recommend? I know its not as interesting as an SLR but still a camera. I like the look of the Casio EXILIM EX-S10 that just came out and seems a good price plus I used to have a Casio Exilm and it was great. Also been looking at the Canon IXUS 70/75 too.

All these compacts seem to be coming with things like face detection and all sorts of fancy things but do they really work or are they things for people that can't take a picture with the camera doing it all for them :LOL:

Any thoughts on this will be great :)

It's almost impossible to tell m8, compact models come and go so fast you can't keep up. Have a read of some reviews here http://www.dpreview.com/ but I reckon as long as you stick with a known brand you won't go wrong.

Stick to the Fujis, fabulous colours.

I have a F50fd (for sale actually, see the for sale forum) and it's a stupidly good camera for the money.

Cheers,
James

The Fuji F30 is ace. Manual controls too if needed. I am after one but cant afford one at the moment.

I agree with the need for a compact though. Its just not practical to lug a full Mini Trekker everywhere, parties, pubs etc.

Back