Scotland New Guy - 'Hello'

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey folks,
I'm Jack, I have recently purchased a DSLR as my first step into serious photography. Previously I used my smartphone to take landscape photo's anytime I went fishing.
I am new to the use of Aperture, ISO and Shutter speed although after reading 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson - this inspired me to splash out on a camera and lens and simply 'go for it!'

Anyway. . .

I thought I'd just say hi!

Hello and a very warm :welcome: to you Jack.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Welcome Jack :)

Which of the many cameras did you plump for in the end? Don't worry, there's no wrong answer!

Hi Ian, I purchased a Canon 760D along with a Canon 18 - 135mm f/3.5 - 5.6 lens.

Hi Jack, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi George, thanks - I've already posted one of my first images to the landscape forum hehe.

:welcome: to the forum Jack :wave:

Hi Ian, I purchased a Canon 760D along with a Canon 18 - 135mm f/3.5 - 5.6 lens.
Not a bad start, even if it is a Canon [emoji6] (only kidding)

Nice to see another Scot on here too.

Back