New Kit - at Last

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Finally getting the D2x bodies next week that we've been promised since february.
My new laptop also arrived - a very shiny Sony Vaio with sleeky rectangular screen and DVD-RW drive.
Was totally useless until I deleted ALL of the proprietary Vaio software - the DVD drive would only recognise shop-bought DVD films and not any form of data disk - music, images, nothing. All you got was a chf, chf, chf of the disk going round.
I installed Nero 6 and wiped all the Vaio stuff off and it now works fine.
PS-CS2 works nicely on it as well.

Anyone have any dramas with the D2x? We're off to Afghanistan next month and I won't have time for a full shake-out period.

never even seen one im afraid!

Nice to see your still about, was wondering if you got lost!

No problems with my D2x, and that was one of the very early ones (may be issues with certain lenses, but none that I own)... did 3 weeks of work in the U.S. with it, managed the Nevada desert well enough.
Enjoy that massive battery life :)

A friend of mine bought one recently and had a problem with it autofocusing with sigma lenses, it only happened once, then started working normally and hasn't had any problems since.

I have heard from a few people threre can be problems with some non Nikon lenses

Back