New lens advice

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a canon 450D with the Standard Kit lens 18-55, Canon 55-250 and the Sigma 10 - 20 lens. I feel as if i have out grown the Standard kit lens and am looking for something with a wider reach and more of a walkabout/every day lens.

I have been looking at buying the Canon 24-105 F4 L IS lens however at £950 it a little bit out of reach. Is there a similar lens that will give me similar if not better quality for less ££££.

Any help would be appreciated

I would strongly suggest Tamron 28-75mm which you should be able to pick up under £300. Bang for bukc it is outstanding. Get a new one though to help protect from alleged 'bad copies'

With the left over £600 you could then buy a Sigma 100-300mm second hand!!;)

I have a canon 450D with the Standard Kit lens 18-55, Canon 55-250 and the Sigma 10 - 20 lens. I feel as if i have out grown the Standard kit lens and am looking for something with a wider reach and more of a walkabout/every day lens.

I have been looking at buying the Canon 24-105 F4 L IS lens however at £950 it a little bit out of reach. Is there a similar lens that will give me similar if not better quality for less ££££.

Any help would be appreciated

hi meirion..i can highly recommend the sigma 24-70 F/2.8 lens,a fantastic little performer,and with a constant aperture of 2.8..great for low light situations,and will sit nicely between your 10-20 and 55-250.

it's this one here...

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1005263

i'm sure you'll get it cheaper if you look around...(y)

How often do you use shorter focal lengths than 24mm on your kit lens? (Check Exif records.) If it's quite often (it certainly is for me) then the 24-105L - very lovely lens that it is - will frustrate you. Consider EF-S 17-85mm IS - great walkabout range on a crop camera like the 450D.

Back