New lens first bird shot

Chaz Photos

Jack Elam
Name
Chaz
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this bird today on my new sigma lens Making small for web seams to loss some detail not sure how best to keep it Have tried two different ways How do you resize yours?
C&C please

3643384441_26989514ef_o.jpg

3643384875_5dc0bba592_o.jpg

3643452607_0e60e44958_o.jpg

Last edited:
Took this bird today on my new sigma lens Making small for web seams to loss some detail not sure how best to keep it Have tried two different ways How do you resize yours?
C&C please

Nice shots, just lacking a bit of contrast perhaps?

The way I resize is first of all resize the TIFF file to 800 pixels on the longest side and resharpen for the loss of resolution. Then go 'Save As' and specify jpeg but before saving set the compression slider quite low to keep a high quality image. Then Save and upload to Flickr.

The thing you need to watch is that it's different resizing filters depending on whether you're downsizing or upsizing. In Paint Shop Pro it's Bilinear for downsizing and Bicubic for upsizing, but check the Help file in your particular editing package if you're not sure. If you select the wrong one they never look sharp.

Nice shots, just lacking a bit of contrast perhaps?

The way I resize is first of all resize the TIFF file to 800 pixels on the longest side and resharpen for the loss of resolution. Then go 'Save As' and specify jpeg but before saving set the compression slider quite low to keep a high quality image. Then Save and upload to Flickr.

The thing you need to watch is that it's different resizing filters depending on whether you're downsizing or upsizing. In Paint Shop Pro it's Bilinear for downsizing and Bicubic for upsizing, but check the Help file in your particular editing package if you're not sure. If you select the wrong one they never look sharp.
Yes I know about the different bicubic and bilinear BUT I never know if to go to 800 in one go or in steps?
So you think it need more contrast is that on all?

The 2nd one mostly tbh.

Just resize downwards in one step. When resizing upwards it's often said to do it in increments, but that theory is largely discredited anyway.

Back