New Lens Tryout

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
My first outing with my new toy.....Tokina 11-16 f2.8

original.jpg

original.jpg

I still have a Nikon 12-24 for sale as well..;)

Stunning shots, have they been HDr'd the sky looks kind of storng.

I prfer the angle in the second one aa the first is to straight on, but they are great shots anyway

tbh i cant piock a fav!!..

Both very nice indeed.. nice exposure and movement in the water..

Lovely.

I love them both but the first one in particular works for me, I like the light in the sky and the distribution of rocks in the foreground.

That lens appears to be a keeper! Will be interested in seeing more posts from you. These two are very, very nice!

Stunning shots, have they been HDr'd the sky looks kind of strong.

I prfer the angle in the second one aa the first is to straight on, but they are great shots anyway

Yes, For these kind of shots I usually bracket and then blend the sky and foreground back in by hand. This time I decided to see what all the fuss was about and use HDR. I found that it doesn't have to be overblown like a lot of HDR shots, and it can work quite well sometimes.:) 2 diferent views BTW;)

I prefer the second one but would be happy to have taken either shot, great work:clap:

Thanks for the coments.

tbh i cant piock a fav!!..

Both very nice indeed.. nice exposure and movement in the water..

I am going through a phase of blurred waves and seascapes at the mo...

Thanks!

I love them both but the first one in particular works for me, I like the light in the sky and the distribution of rocks in the foreground.

The first was looking towards the Isle of Arran, away from the setting sun. The second was in nearly the opposite direction towards the sunset.

That lens appears to be a keeper! Will be interested in seeing more posts from you. These two are very, very nice!

Initial tests seem not too bad. Some low light work will be a good test as well though.

Terrific shots Strax. I lean towards #1 as a fav. I think you got just long enough an exposure to make the water interesting. I like the smooth effect of long exposures but this one, showing just a little of the rumbling from below, is really good. Love the sky too. Great colours and great clouds.

Mick.

Terrific shots Strax. I lean towards #1 as a fav. I think you got just long enough an exposure to make the water interesting. I like the smooth effect of long exposures but this one, showing just a little of the rumbling from below, is really good. Love the sky too. Great colours and great clouds.

Thanks Mick for the constructive criticism. As I have already said, I am going through a phase of blurry water..:)

:agree: indeed, 2 cracking shots. Also look forward to seeing some more (y)

Thanks Baz

Both brilliant shots but number 2 is my personal fave :)

Thanks!

Beautiful shots. Fantastic. :clap:

Mick.

Micks pretty much summed up what I was going to say!

Both excellent, but #1 is my fave, Looking forward to seeing more!

Back