New lenses from Nikon

Edit My Images
Yes
Nikon AF-S DX 18-135 mm lens

In conjunction with their announcement of the new D80 digital SLR Nikon has also revealed two new lenses, the first of which is the DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED which is destined to become the D80's kit lens. This new lens features ED glass, Internal Focusing and a Silent Wave Motor, it provides an equivalent field of view of 27 - 202.5 mm on a DX format digital SLR and has a maximum aperture of F3.5 at wide angle and F5.6 at telephoto. Unbundled it will be priced at £299 in the UK and should be available in September.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06080902nikonafsdx18-135lens.asp

Nikon AF-S 70-300 mm VR lens

The second lens announcement from Nikon is the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED (a mouthful if there ever was one). This lens features ED glass, Internal Focusing, a Silent Wave Motor and Vibration Reduction (II), it provides an equivalent field of view of 105 - 450 mm on a DX format digital SLR (such as the new D80) and has a maximum aperture of F4.5 at wide angle and F5.6 at telephoto. It will priced at $699 in the US and £399 in the UK and should be available in October.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06080901nikonafs70-300vrlens.asp

Hope it helps (y) (y)

davey - I know it's what dpreview posted but £399 seems incredibly cheap for that 70-300mm with VRII bearing in mind the extremely elusive 18-200mm with VRII is nearly £600 (if you can find one - even the HK dealers are struggling to get stock!)
Just a thought? Paul (y)

dpreview always get press releases before everyone else, we only got ours a little while ago..prices are the same on the release i think

It doesn't seem that cheap to me...

Don't forget this is the rumoured revamp for the 70-300mm ED (which was a lot of money for old socks). It might have a ton of tricks up its sleeve, but it's still very much a consumer lens - what I'm saying is that I have a feeling it won't perform, but only time will tell..

Back