New Lomo with ( well ) expired film?

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Just ordered a new ( old) Lomo LC-A for my daughter to use in her A level art course. I knew I had some colour film around and after rummaging around under the stairs I found a 3 pack of Fuji Superior X-TRA iso400 film.
Trouble is, the expiry date was Aug 2004.
Now, bearing in mind I have seen some great shots using expired film in these and similar cameras, do you think this might be pushing it a bit?
Allan

Nahhh, gerrit wanged in....:cool:

I've used ektachrome from 1990 and a 74 vintage roll of Fujichrome 64T and they both came out fine.
Depends on storage, but not always...

Ideal for Lomography

only one way to find out... ;)

most of my film is out of date but all kept in a fridge so i reckon it will be fine!
the other thing, your obviously not expecting fantastic stuff from a lomo either, god knows i don't so any shift in colour or whatever problems may happen will be an added 'bonus'.

ha ha. i love my diana, popped some kodak film thats really old by looks of it, had paper wrapper instead of foil, first time iv seen that in it on sunday so will try get it processed by the weekend.

Get her to take two shots one normal plus one overexposed by two stops for anything important

Well, thats it then, it get wanged in and used. She is after well saturated and off colour images, so that should do nicely.
Cant wait for it to come so I can er .. she can have a play!
Allan

Back