New Nikon camera being announced 14th April...

Another D700 owner who's never had the flash pop-up by accident. The fact it acts as a CLS commander is invaluable - less equipment/small camera footprint to carry for certain shoots. Each to his own of course!

The new 500D has 1080p video, looks like a good camera.

Now where's that D700x? :¬)

The D40 is officially no more, so they must be about to launch something to go up against the 1000D and the A200, perhaps they might even put the "%$$$$ motor back in this one :shake:

When the new Nikon stuff comes out it might be a good time to pick up a Dxx as a second body :)

Thats interesting - my impression was that would be far too gimmicky. I guess it depends on your photography interests though!

Yeah! I won't get dirty lying on the floor getting extreme angles!

It will be a while before I benefit from that though, the next addition to my gear will be an upgrade to my back up. ;)

Yeah! I won't get dirty lying on the floor getting extreme angles!

It will be a while before I benefit from that though, the next addition to my gear will be an upgrade to my back up. ;)

Well the Panny G1 has a swivel screen and according to AP last week, it out performs the Nikon D3 :eek::eek::eek::D:D:wacky::wacky::wacky:

I almost bought a D60 today so I'm glad this leak came through. By the way, can anyone tell what the range was on the kit lens? I seem to have discerned "18-55", but I might be wrong.

Bracketing, 10 MP plus, better sensor - if it's got this, I'm in. i don't mind using mostly AFS lenses.

I almost bought a D60 today so I'm glad this leak came through. By the way, can anyone tell what the range was on the kit lens? I seem to have discerned "18-55", but I might be wrong.

Bracketing, 10 MP plus, better sensor - if it's got this, I'm in. i don't mind using mostly AFS lenses.

nikon03040609.jpg

Cool! a swiveling display?! I wouldn't have to get so dirty for those tight angle frames ever again! :D
It'll need 'live view' too for that that to be of any use though won't it?

VR lens too? That isn't a cheap option is it?

Is this really a D40 replacement?

It'll need 'live view' too for that that to be of any use though won't it?

VR lens too? That isn't a cheap option is it?

Is this really a D40 replacement?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

News is in: D5000 is now official. It's all over the web. Here's a link.

So. bracketing, 12 megapixels for huge prints, a HD movie mode (mono though argh!), and whoa - 4 fps now.

looks good. Will still wait for the first few reviews though before buying.

Good job, Nikon.

Seems good on paper .. a step-up in the right direction.

Good to see 11 focus point and rotating LCD viewer (I hope this is adopted on other new bodies too, it will make the DR-5 / DR-6 redundant).

We'll just have to wait and see how much it's priced at .. and what will happen to the D40 / D60. Which one of these two are being discontinued :shrug:

Now it's becoming quite clear. Diego! You invented this camera didn't you?

does it have a focus motor built in?

very dissappointed with this announcement... was hoping for a D400 or the likes, especially since I am now looking for my new body.

I'm not too excited about a swivel screen that swings out underneath the body (goodbye to using this with a tripod), but otherwise the specs look decent. Still, for the asking price, it may make more sense to save up another two hundred dollars and just get the D90.

I'm not too excited about a swivel screen that swings out underneath the body (goodbye to using this with a tripod), but otherwise the specs look decent. Still, for the asking price, it may make more sense to save up another two hundred dollars and just get the D90.

If the LCD does get in the way then I am sure someone will invent a £10 spacer that fits between the bottom of the camera's body and the tripod's head.

On the flip side, the swivel screen will save a huge fortune on having to buy an expensive angle viewer. Nikon's original angle viewer is a good £200 :bang:

Back