New 'Old ' Film Challenge #8 - The Good Old Days - Voting Thread

Make your choices here

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, here we go, a little later than expected but... hey ho.

So, show us your old film shots of THE GOOD OLD DAYS, any shot of something old, out of time or antique (not a selfie Brian :D). Could be a building or a car, a book or a lampshade or any such ting, knock yourselves out.

This competition will close (if I remember) on Sunday the 1st of March at 20.00.

Andy

Well I've always liked this shot taken about 45 years ago in Ireland... with the donkey cart and peat for the fire and quaint houses...but all different today and most of the Irish are pleased they don't live like that now. Anyway good old days for me.

Shot in 2009, this is Newquay in Cornwall and like so many British seaside towns, there is a whiff of nostalgia and childhood as well as fish and chips and candy floss, which I always get from looking at this photo of the rather dated high street, which even the modern cars and telephone box can't quite dispel.

Newquay High Road, Cornwall by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

'Travellers Rest'
Lewis, Outer Hebrides, early 1990's
Olympus OM-2SP, Zuiko 35mm F2.8

7956921064_f031052452_b.jpg

Inglenook in my parents' house, taken 1973 on Kodachrome, I think (definitely transparency). Bread oven in the far corner, original fire irons but new fireplace. The beam above was a new beam with a carved horseshoe and the date 1663, said to have been copied from the original beetle-damaged beam when the house was remodelled prior to my parents' purchase in 1955! I was back from Oz on a work assignment and wanted pics to show the folks over there what Ye Olde World was like.

Last edited:
The good old days.

1969, Band I used to roadie for: Taken with Halina Paulette and Fuji slide.

OK folks this challenge is now closed. A voting thread will be up later in the day.

Andy

OK folks voting buttons are at the top of the thread.

I didn't know it had been away tbh.... pure luck on my part. :D

Thread title needs editing

I was looking for a votey thread

it wasn't there, so I comes in ere to find out wtf is goin on......and here it is...:D

not everybodys gonna do that though, some peeps are nothin like as nosey

Thread title needs editing

I was looking for a votey thread

it wasn't there, so I comes in ere to find out wtf is goin on......and here it is...:D

not everybodys gonna do that though, some peeps are nothin like as nosey

Done

Ok, done! Good luck everyone!

Yep 18... You could vote for all of em, or ethically 17, not voting for your own.

what if you clicked everything without reading it properly, and didn't actually remember you were an available box, does that count as unethical.....

lol

what if you clicked everything without reading it properly, and didn't actually remember you were an available box, does that count as unethical.....

lol

There's always the change your vote button...

lol
There's always the change your vote button...

Never thought of that! Gonna change my vote! :p

that new one that's never been there before...

rrrrright :)

Looks like the older members are struggling to keep up with the technology. :D

I can't keep me trousers up these days...so tech's got no chance..:D

You can't have a change your vote button, that's just plain wrong!

Back