Critique New Old Reflections

Name
Safarrede
Edit My Images
Yes
One night I cannot sleep so I came with the ideia that my Dslr would be viewing itself to the mirror and the reflection would be one of my rangefinders, it "sounded" great on my head, so the next weekend was a rainy weekend and we cannot go out (covid and stuff) and I gave it a try, grandmas mirror, mothers table, and try it with some lights and lamps and post-production on Photoshop and here it's the result:

01 by
Safarrede Oliveira
, no Flickr

Thanks in advance!

Very cool idea. And your insomnia made something productive too! Win win.

excellent idea, not sure I think the execution was quite spot on (the relative positioning of the 2 cameras seems "not quite right" to me somehow, and I'm not keen on the desaturated treatment of the overall picture - i'd be tempted to have kept the "real life" image relatively normal, and perhaps experimented with the desaturated/vintagey look for the mirror image...

all told though, it's an interesting starting off point - and I'd bet that one or two people are reading this thread and thinking "i fancy a go at that...." which is kind of what we like to think this forum is about - sparking ideas....

Thank you so much!

@Harlequin565 yes normally is the other way around, this time was very productive!

@TheBigYin I was really struggling with the position of my smartphone to take the picture of my dslr...I tried an contraction with the tripod and an car stand for my mobile phone but it wasn't very close! Version 2.0 has to be more planned and thanks for the tip with the desaturated/vintagey look on the mirror side imagery, i like that, never occurred to me

Back