New Olympus Trip 35 on the way

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
After buying one on here which was sadly faulty i have finally got round to buying a reconditioned one from tripman.co.uk. Ok it was twice the price of the other one that i bought but it has 6 months guarantee so should be in good order. The customer comments seem very favorable! Fingers crossed it's a goodun! (y)

This is similar to the one i ordered:
17349_2356647i.jpg

The Olympus Trip 35 is an outstanding little camera, definitely a favourite of mine.

The camera is capable of some really surprising results.

yeah. video - that'd be a surprise :LOL:

1080i HD Video at that! :LOL:

Had loads of these. stunning lens. But be gentle with it they can be a bit fragile.

I have one in a drawer doing nothing ..it worked great the last time I used it ....

I picked one up off evil bay a couple of weeks ago for about £7 it appears to be working fine. Just making my way through a roll of film so I'll know for sure, light seals are a bit gunky but people have had few problems shooting without them and they are cheap to replace if necessary!

Sadly this has re-kindled my lust for old Olympus stuff and I'm know awaiting delivery of the 35 RC that I have been wanting for years, fingers crossed it works as well as my Trip!

I picked one up off evil bay a couple of weeks ago for about £7 it appears to be working fine. Just making my way through a roll of film so I'll know for sure, light seals are a bit gunky but people have had few problems shooting without them and they are cheap to replace if necessary!

Sadly this has re-kindled my lust for old Olympus stuff and I'm know awaiting delivery of the 35 RC that I have been wanting for years, fingers crossed it works as well as my Trip!

The light seals are easy and cheap to replace on the Trip, consisting of a rear door hinge seal and a two short pieces of 'channel' sealing by the door hinge, but yes I've also heard about people not having them and not having problems, although I'd be a bit cautions about leaving it lying around in bright direct sunlight :cautious:

If you did use it without seals I'd at least clean off the 'gunk' to stop it getting onto the film or transport mechanism.

Still waiting for mine to arrive!! Better chase it up!

My friend has one of these sat on a shelf - been thinking about giving it a go. Is there a relatively cheap setup for developing film or would you need to send it off somewhere? Quite fancy trying it myself but not really spending too much. :)

If you just want to try it out, get yourself some cheap colour or b&w C41 film from 7dayshop and get it dev'd and put onto CD at Tesco/Asda for £1.99/2.99.

Back