New Photography Website

Hi Sarah, welcome to TPF.

Initial comments:

1. Consider removing the entrance page. It's not necessary. Just more work for the visitor - doesn't actually give them any information.

2. Flash is a bit of a bugbear of mine - however on yours it's quite nicely done.

3. Navigation: Once you go into a particular category, say 'Weddings', I can't find a link to get back to the main index.

Apart from the missing information, it's very well done. Clean, smart and informative.

Very, very slick. :clap: You've obviously put a lot of work into that and it shows, that's exactly the sort of site I am looking to build later this year. One small quibble, I was in the Weddings section and wanted to return to the home page to look at portraits and had to use the back button instead of being able to click on 'Home'.

Very impressive!

I agree on the slick, smart style, very nice.

However i also couldnt find a link back onto the main page.

Well done! Inkblots x

welcome aboard, shifted it into the welcome forum for you Sarah :)

Seems to be an issue in Firefox.

sarahowen.jpg

The flash on the left has fallen down and the scrollbar looks messy. Also, consider styling the font in that content with a web-safe font. You're currently using Corbel? Thats not web safe. Use Arial or Verdana. Another problem is the navigation. Once you enter weddings its unclear how you get to portraits. Lastly, don't use tables. Consider learning CSS. The modern day concept is that you use HTML to structure the content and you use CSS to style that content. Semantic HTML.

2. Flash is a bit of a bugbear of mine - however on yours it's quite nicely done.

I am of course, talking complete and utter rubbish. It isn't flash at all. I just assumed it was.

Sorry :LOL:

Just a few comments after having a quick browse Sarah.

I like the general design

Lose the intro or put it on a timer so it only pops up for a second or two then goes to you home page.

Have a link written in to take you back to home.htm on all your pages.

Run a spell checker I noticed a few typos i.e. commission on your main contact page and proprofessional on you FAQ page (you can see above)

One other thing, the pricing plans in weddings. I would remove the word FREE it spoils it a little and change the £140 discount it has no meaning is it £140 off the package price or £140 voucher towards the price of prints etc.

And a bit of spam advice, remove your email address the spambots love them, stick with the form or have your email address in such a way as they can type it into there email client.

Hope this helps

Scott

Hi and welcome :wave: will have a look at your website later, in work at the mo :)

Hello :)

Hope you will find some time to comment on the topics and pictures here too ;)

Thanks to everyone for all the constructive comments - really really useful (and a big relief from all the bitchy, pointless comments on certain other forums!!)

I'll have to have a look at firefox - been working mostly in IE!

You can actually get back to the home page by clicking on the Sarah Owen Photography logo - but I guess I need to make it more obvious - whoops!

Back