new pic

photomad

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
will anybody c and c this
flower_4.jpg

Okay ..... So long as you remember that this is constructive criticism and not a put down.

The shot looks very noisy to me .... It may be down to you reducing it in size.

It also has a few blown highlights (Where there is pure white)

Not sure if it would look better in a vertical crop.

These are just my opinions and someone else may come along and say something completely different.

have you read my other posts where i got upset

oh dear i wil get a name for myself

good comments cheers

First of all this is a good attempt at close up 'tography - a difficult enough subject for the experienced PM ... ;) ... you have chosen a difficult subject and composed it rather well ... (y)

However we all need to take some critique on the chin if we are to improve our results ... :shrug: ... so take any comments as well intended rather than destructive ... :D

:agree: with Hypno and his points about noise and highlights ... :shrug: ... I would add that it could probably do with a touch more saturation to liven it up and bring out the colours a little more ... and think about where your point of focus and DoF are going to end up ... :thinking:

Look forward to seeing the next shot/s ... ;)

:p

:agree:

Has it been cropped loads? It seems to be lacking in detail/definition.

ISO Speed Ratings = 800
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/84.45 second
Aperture = F3.48

It's quite noisy due to the ISO being set to 800. Try reducing this next time :) It also looks like you may have cropped and enlarged it quite a bit - or did you use digital zoom?

i just messed about on photoshop

and i think it looks worse

flowers are new to me [you can probably tell ha ha]

but i keep trying and one day will stun you all

I know that you have a Fuji S5700

You used a shutter speed of 1/80th sec on that last photo

You used a focal length of 15.4 mm

As said before it was taken at iso 800 at f/3.5

I've got this program which lets me right click and see camera settings. It's quite useful when giving C&C and stuff, or when I want to know what settings someone has used to create a certain effect etc.

Just keep taking pics and taking people's comments and crits into account. Don't believe blindly everything ppl say though - it's your opinion of a shot that matters in the end.

Can you show us the straight from the camera version?

i used a fugi s5000 for this shot

and the first photo on this thread is straight from the camera.

i took it using the auto setting

I think the problem here is digital zoom. It gets you closer in but heavily reduces picture quality. Next time try just using Optical zoom if your camera has it or if not just don't zoom at all. Try not to set the ISO above 400 - it causes noise (graininess).

Keep snapping, and good luck :)

:thinking: yes i have 10 x optical zoom

try some more on the morrow

going to a flower shop and buy some flowers

if take a flower against black card the card looks grey in the photo

any hints for me

if take a flower against black card the card looks grey in the photo

any hints for me

try taking your meter reading from a different place. the camera will always try and expose for the entire scene in auto mode, but it can only cover a range of around 5 stops......it gets really techy from there and CT covers that soooooooo much better than me :D

cool comments

trying a rose later just bought it and its lush

keep your eye out for the photo

Back