New picture styles for Canon

Name
kevin riley
Edit My Images
Yes
picture styles

Some new picture styles are available from Canon's website. Studio Potrait and Snapshot Portrait...Haven't used picture style's yet but thought someone might find this useful?

Downloaded these a fortnight ago.. cant actually see the difference between them.

Will only work in-camera with jpg not RAW but can be applied after if you use the Digital Photo Professional Software that came with your camera.

So what actually are they?:thinking: Sort of like photoshop actions, but in camera to go with 'vibrant' and the like?

they are bundles of settings like sharpness, colour etc etc.. which are grouped under the names like Portrait, (which is slightly softer etc) Landscape (which gives priority to more saturation in the blues and greens)

things like that.

However as I said before they are done in-camera to the jpgs and if you are using RAW in camera you can only add them afterwards by putting them in DPP (the canon software) not in Photoshop or the like.

Janice - they do work with RAW, I use the Canon software for RAW processing and you can choose the different one you want and see the effect. They adjust sharpness, contrast, saturation and tone.

Can you see the difference in-camera though, Rob?

Back