New rubber zoom ring for a Nikon 28-70 2.8 ?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
I recently picked up a second hand Nikon 28-70 2.8. The rubber zoom ring is a bit loose and comes away from the lens body sometimes which is really annoying me.
Anyone know where to get a new one from.

I've emailed Nikon uk support today, but I can't find anywhere online that sells spares or anything. Any ideas?

I doubt even Nikon themselves would send you one, and even if they did, i would hate to know the price! They would probably agree to you sending the lens to them so they could repair it, but again, its probably going to be stupidly expensive.

Surely a bit of rubber wouldn't cost much? I agree if I was to send the lens in they'd probably charge a bomb - not doing that. Hopefully they can send out spares though?

Got a reply already from Nikon, impressive! :

"Thank you for your email. You could try our Spare Parts Department on: 0871 200 1963 (option 2) between 9am- 1pm Monday to Friday. If they are unable to provide you with this item, it would then be necessary to send the lens to our Service Centre to have it replaced. Below I have included information on sending your lens to our Service Centre."

Guess I'll try the spare part number route...

Joking!? Do you have experinece of this? If so that's sick. Time to get the glue out and diy I reckon.

If not, anyone actaully have any experience of this type of thing/ repair?

Indeed, it is daylight robbery, but it'll cost even more to send it back and get it replaced. Shame really that such large companies take it upon themselfs to rip people off like this. And to be honest, it wouldn't supprise me at all if that (the price that alexisonfire stated) was the price for such at item. :(

Back