New scanner, big difference!

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently bought a second hand V700 and am just looking at the first results. All I can say is wow! The canoscan 9000 gave usable results but this is so much better. Increased dynamic range and much more detail and sharpness. Very pleased with the results from 35mm!

I agree, I had a canoscan when I originally got into 120 but bought a V700 when I started using 4x5. To me the results were like night and day.

I can't wait to see what it does for my 120 negatives, especially as it came with the betterscanning kit.

Save your money and one day buy a dedicated film scanner :D

I believe the V700 works really well with 120 and bigger film formats so I think you will see a difference :)

Knikki said:
Save your money and one day buy a dedicated film scanner :D

I believe the V700 works really well with 120 and bigger film formats so I think you will see a difference :)

I don't do anything fancy and quite frankly the results from the v700 are more than good enough for what I need. That and there is no room left on my desk! If I were pixel peeping or printing large I might get a dedicated neg scanner but I think it would be the new 120 one rather than having 2 knocking around.

I didn't think there were any dedicated 120 film scanners under about £2k new. Even the old nikon coolscans seem to fetch that if they do medium format. (9000 ed?)

I didn't think there were any dedicated 120 film scanners under about £2k new. Even the old nikon coolscans seem to fetch that if they do medium format. (9000 ed?)

Very true the Nikon 8000 used still fetch £1100+ but they are not that rare.

If you hunt really long and hard you may find a Microtek tf120 or Polaroid Sprintscan for around the £500 mark but then your using an older version of Silverfast with. They do work well mind.

Ebay had a second hand imacon but it was one of the really old ones with a dedicated pc card. That was still arm + leg too.

Too much to splash on a second hand unsupported scanner. I am waiting to see how the Plustek 120 works out. Not sure I want to spend £2000 on it when that is half way to an M9. It's all possible but it depends on what I want really.

Back