Beginner New to the Forum

Name
Jodie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey new to the forum and relatively new to photography been asking photos for years on old normal digital cameras and love doing it so I was treated to a Nikon D3200 for my birthday in November,

any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated

Don't take this the wrong way but read the manual! But don't try to remember it all - just pick some basics, work on them then move on to the next step. Post images here for critique but remember everyone who replies will be slightly biased towards what they like to see in an image, and we're all different. So some critique you may feel is not valid for what you are trying to achieve, but some will be. Probably more important is to look at other people's images, pick from them what you like and ask yourself 'how was that done?' (or ask).

Welcome to the forum Jodie. As Jan said, take it a step at a time, ask questions, use the camera and get used to the controls and functions. Post a few results on here and you will find there's a wealth of experience available from members who are more than happy to help (y)

Key basics are the Exposure Triangle of shutter speed, lens aperture, and ISO. Then move on to how shutter speed controls movement and lens aperture (together with focal length and subject distance) controls depth of field. Then shoot lots, ask questions, read up, and repeat. And keep on repeating. You've got to put the work in to learn and progress.

Good tutorial on the basics here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...ure-theory-but-were-afraid-to-ask-101.440126/ And welcome to TP :)

Back