South-West England New to the forum

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello from West Cornwall!

I've done photography on and off since the late 1970s, starting with my mum's Kodak TLR.

In recent years I'm more of a birder-who-takes-photographs-of-birds but I'm trying my hand at landscapes now though I find it hard to develop the "eye" for a good composition. It doesn't help that I've come to regard 400mm as a "standard" focal length.

Be gentle with me...

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
It's generally very friendly here and a lot of members will to help with advice.
We have a few members who actually use longer focal lengths for landscapes ,I've tried it myself but always end up going to for a shorter lens.

Hi Phil, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum and enjoy your self here.

My first camera was a Kodak Brownie :eek:

You have plenty of opportunities for landscapes down there. I just spent 2 weeks working in Truro, commuting from my brothers place in St Mawgan. I took the camera but never got a chance to use it...

Hello from West Cornwall!

I've done photography on and off since the late 1970s, starting with my mum's Kodak TLR.

In recent years I'm more of a birder-who-takes-photographs-of-birds but I'm trying my hand at landscapes now though I find it hard to develop the "eye" for a good composition. It doesn't help that I've come to regard 400mm as a "standard" focal length.

Be gentle with me...
Welcome to the forum Phil- quite a few Birding photographers on this forum- me included

Les :)

Back