New Toy, cant wait to get home (Test pics added)

Edit My Images
Yes
3674752185_ac55f07dbf.jpg

Went for this as I need a small versatile lens to take away on my soon coming motorcycle trip to East Europe, all my other glass it too big apart from the kit 18-55, but hay I wanted one anyway...

Think I have decided to sell my 10-20 as I never use it, and my Tokina 100mm Pro macro as my results with it have never been mind blowing to me. TBH I have been getting better results using my Siggy 17-70 for macro. Maybe in the future i'll pickup another dedicated macro lens. But at least one of them will have to go to pay for this.

Oh well, such is life :D

I was very surprised by the box too, in fact I said to the guy in Jessops "is that the right one?"

The lens itself feels nice and solid, good weight to it, none of that plasticy feeling like the kit lenses. It comes with a bag and hood, £299 in Jessops with a free filter chucked in. You can’t beat that on the net atm.

So anyway sneaked it out of my bag when I got and nipped out to the garden and had a quick go.

These were both handheld at 1.4

3676463044_46a8950779_o.jpg

3676463368_e88f1e0f7f_o.jpg

Obviously lots more practice required with it, but very pleasing none the less.

mmm, i like, so sharp even at f1.8... i've just got my dad a f1.8 for his D80, i might try that manual focus of course and if i like i might treat myself to one of these bad boys!! Autofocus on the D60 doesnt it?

Back