New toy works ... 2XTC...

Edit My Images
Yes
:)

Thanks to that nice Kerso chappie I've now got the full compliment of Canon TC's. The 2X arrived yesterday so I had to see if it worked, down to the South Cerney water park and...

it does ... not worried about IQ loss anymore.. sure there's a tad, but hey :shrug:
Thanks CT... or not when the missus next looks in my camera bag... :whistle:

A dragonfly insect thingy..
dfly1.jpg

Another dragonfly insect thingy
dfly2.jpg

finally a really Kak picky of a Reed Warbler, they just wern't playing fair, but there were plenty about that I could hear. grrr :bang:

reedW.jpg

#1 is really superb Paul!
I quite like #2
#3 don't do a lot for me

Cheers guys...

Cobra dude the 3rd shot is not supposed to "do" anything it's an exhibit in frustration only.... :p

#1 is a great shot of a Four Spotted Chaser. Are you using your TC with a fixed focal length lens or a telephoto lens?? The reason being i am looking into buying one and really need to do a bit of home work first.

#1 is a great shot of a Four Spotted Chaser. Are you using your TC with a fixed focal length lens or a telephoto lens?? The reason being i am looking into buying one and really need to do a bit of home work first.

So that's what its called. Ta :)

I've only got one lens that it'll work with the TC's and it's .... well BRILL!
70-200L f2.8 IS

I note from your sig that I'm pretty sure the Canon TC wont work with your current lens set. Tho' there are others available made by Kenko that will, tho I'm told they arn't as good. Plenty of threads about them here .. have a search.

That said I'm not dissapointed with the new toy :D

The first shot is great. Im going to be buying a 2x TC tommorow to go with the f2.8 150mm Sigma im getting. Im going with the Kenko ones though, due to issues with AF-S on other brands. You not have any problems with AF?

:p Damn you, OldGitty Paul! Was really hoping the x2 wouldn't be worththe effort on the 70-200....... now i'm gonna have to spend again :crying: :bang: :crying:

The first shot is great. Im going to be buying a 2x TC tommorow to go with the f2.8 150mm Sigma im getting. Im going with the Kenko ones though, due to issues with AF-S on other brands. You not have any problems with AF?

Nope trips along spledidily, even works (if very slooowww) stacked with the 1.4TC

Cheers guys...

Cobra dude the 3rd shot is not supposed to "do" anything it's an exhibit in frustration only.... :p

I guessed Paul, but I am actually practicing for my grumpy old git exams, hope you don't mind :LOL: :LOL:

Very nice :clap: spent many a weekend at South Cerney pike fishing on the gravel pits, lovely place with lots of wildlife . Hope to go back in the near future with the rods and camera.

I guessed Paul, but I am actually practicing for my grumpy old git exams, hope you don't mind :LOL: :LOL:

Not at all. I dont mind getting my own back....
... but dont give up the day job. You've still some "grumpin" to learn

Not at all. I dont mind getting my own back....
... but dont give up the day job. You've still some "grumpin" to learn

:D :LOL: :LOL: :D

Congrats OG! We have no right to expect quality like shots 1 and 2 from a 2X converter and a zoom lens. Some basic law of physics has changed I'm sure - it must have! :shrug:

Back