New WordPress site question/help............

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve changed from a traditional website to a WordPress based site. All looks well and ready to go live but the new site is in a ‘WP’ folder, what files do I need to add to the Public HTML folder to make it live when you type in joebloggs.com?

Can't help you with your question, but make sure you keep WordPress & any add-ons right up to date. If you don't, your site will be compromised for sure.

I’ve changed from a traditional website to a WordPress based site. All looks well and ready to go live but the new site is in a ‘WP’ folder, what files do I need to add to the Public HTML folder to make it live when you type in joebloggs.com?
Have you worked through this?

You normally have to put all the files in the database, the you can run the WP-admin install.
You obviously have to have MYSQL running.

Thanks all!

Put your site in the root folder, as opposed to the "WP" folder.
Doing this will also ensure you don't have the "WP" in your web address, or the "WP" favicon.

I actually moved hosts from TSO to Stablepoint and they did it all for me, I can thoroughly recommend them!

Every time I’ve dabbled with Wordpress the site has been hacked - even though updates to Wordpress and plugins applied :sneaky:

Is it really a viable solution these days?

You need some sort of protection, as with everything else.
I use Loginiser and Wordfence, both free but, there is a paid version of both if you want added protection.
I use both free versions on several sites and, so far have been very well protected.

We use webhostuk.co.uk they offer 1 click wordpress hosting script so I just need to select the domain I wish to install it. As far as I know if you need to upload wp on main domain you need to upload all its files under public_html folder and if you need it for sub-folder then it need to be under sub-folder.
All this days Webhostuk support team has done all this for me, still what I feel is your hosting company should be able to assist and get it done.

Back