New Wotancraft bag

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
After my disappointment with the Peak Design and looking for something smaller for the X100....I went back to my old faithful Wotancroft and saw the Cordura 3.5L.

My requirement is it is small, under £100, lots of compartments, can be folded when empty into my Tenba. There are 3 main outer openings, main compartment has 4 "tabs" for objects. I also bought a Velcro coin pocket thing too. there is a quick release hook for keys in the top opening which is nice.

First impression, it is enormous for 3.5L, it feels like I can fit more into this than Peak Design's 6L. it is certainly less rigid. I love the through hole for the umbrella. There is a secret compartment inside there too with a zip opening on both sides.

Inner body side compartment perfect for documents like passport and money. With the exchange rate it came to £100 with the coin pocket. Around £90 without.

V6iqpGO.jpg

lURy7SC.jpg

sms36zC.jpg

kDCGcUm.jpg

oXgV0sG.jpg

Secret compartment

sLqtvER.jpg

icndeFv.jpg

That doesn't have camera inserts though does it ? I have the pilot 3.5L, thinking about the 7L or 10L

Saw a lovely green leather Reiker on ebay but it had a huge metal zip tag on the inside which would scratch the camera easily otherwise would have bought it.

That doesn't have camera inserts though does it ? I have the pilot 3.5L, thinking about the 7L or 10L

Saw a lovely green leather Reiker on ebay but it had a huge metal zip tag on the inside which would scratch the camera easily otherwise would have bought it.

No inserts, the camera would live in the main compartment. I have a leather half case on order for my X100 so that will give it protection with any lose stuff knocking around on the bottom of the bag.

Inserts going perpendicular to the bag will add a fixed minimum thickness. Do note that this bag isn't padded like a camera bag though, whilst the materials is thick, not sure it will give good drop protection.

No inserts, the camera would live in the main compartment. I have a leather half case on order for my X100 so that will give it protection with any lose stuff knocking around on the bottom of the bag.

Inserts going perpendicular to the bag will add a fixed minimum thickness. Do note that this bag isn't padded like a camera bag though, whilst the materials is thick, not sure it will give good drop protection.
Yeah it looks ideal for the X100, for me having a bag you feel comfortable with makes a days street shooting much more enjoyable, really don't like those Peak Design bags, enjoy !!

Back