New Year, New Hide Location

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
After repairing my hide, left out over winter and the snow damaged it. I moved it to a new location last week and went there yesterday for the first team. Results where good and a few birds I missed where red kites, great t i t s and chaffinchs. Going to have to work for the kites though. But it wil be fun. :LOL:

1) Blue t i t
birdimages24.jpg

2) Coal t i t
birdimages25.jpg

3) Greater Spotted Woodpecker. I was sat in the hide and there's a tree about 2 foot to the left. This lass was sat on the tree 2 foot from me, no idea I was there. Magical.
birdimages26.jpg

4) Greenfinch
birdimages27.jpg

5) Siskin
birdimages28.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set. I think you are hooked on sitting in a hide now. I felt the blast of wind off a Jays wings while sat in mine last week.
We have no Kites as yet. Waiting on the Osprey returning though.
You are among Pine trees too. Red Squirrels?

Nice set. I think you are hooked on sitting in a hide now. I felt the blast of wind off a Jays wings while sat in mine last week.
We have no Kites as yet. Waiting on the Osprey returning though.
You are among Pine trees too. Red Squirrels?

Hi and thanks Charlie.

Getting hooked very quickly :LOL: Enjoying the solitute and closness to the wildlife. A Jay would be nice, never really been close to a Jay and would love to get some good photos.

Kites are great birds to look at. There's room of them setting a feeding station up for them , just of the black isle. That should be interesting. I'll keep you posted on that.

Ospreys a re back in the Cairngorms, so will have to pay a visit shortly :)

I'm right on the edge of a small pine tree plantation and I have seen some red squirrels not to far from the hide. So hopefully they'll find the feding station.

Very nice set I do like 1 & 2. :)

Thanks Ian

nice set david (y)

Cheers Dinorrock and its Gerald.

Nice set, love the Bt (y)

YOUR NEW LOCATION SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR YOU REAL NICE SET...(y)

John

Nice set, love the Bt (y)

Thanks you :wave:

Beautiful set of images Gerald. Iv'e been looking for ages for somewhere to put a hide and feeding station.

Dai

Thanks Dai.

It's hard enough to find a safe location up here, so I can only imaging how difficult it's going to be in South Wales.

YOUR NEW LOCATION SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR YOU REAL NICE SET...(y)

John

Thanks John. Still early days, but looking very good so far.

Some great shots Gerald.
I'd clone out that upper branch on the woodpecker shot if I were you - it's a bit intrusive.

Thanks Chris. I have been thinking of doing that, and I do agree with what you said. There where better shots available, but any time I moved the camera to focus on her, she was off.

Nice set of shots, sounds like a good location.

Thanks artyman. It is starting to look like it.

Back