Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
a couple of New York traffic shots for your critique please
759339263_RT4w2-L.jpg

120793224_DHQv6-L.jpg

Chris

I love the first one- was it dangerous to take, or was there a traffic island you stood on? Rob

I love the first for the exhilerating angle and the cool starbursts in the headlights. The second is another great image but I would crop it so that the left hand pillar forms the edge of the frame.

Great stuff :)

I really like the first shot, especially the angle that you've taken it from (assume you were crouching/sat down?) and the overall sharpness of the image. Only crit I have is that the neon signs look a tad overexposed and I'm also not sure the bright sky adds anything to this image. Personally, I would have waited a bit longer until the sky became slightly darker (or completely dark).

I'm not claiming these to be a perfect shot, but here's a couple I took a couple of years ago:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/2591036210_d2a5db5641_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2569127874_8ef0959aee_b.jpg

both good but the first is a cracker :)

Love the second one and i would not crop it. It tells a better story the way it is.

Love the second one and i would not crop it. It tells a better story the way it is.

I agree entirely, it works nicely for me as is.

Both are very nicely done though, I don't think I would have taken the risk to get that first one. Clearly its worth it though.

Awesome stuff. (y)

All i can say is im jealous you`ve had the opportunity to take them shots cos to me they sum up new york perfectly to me! Brilliant composition Well done(y)

these are amazing, remind me of our honeymoon when we went to NY for a few days then canada

Great pics but 1st is a stunner!

Yep totally agree with the above! No1 is a stonker! Especially with your diceing with death backstory to it!

Very brave and the shot totally does it justice! Get that on canvas and on the wall! (y)

WOW i love both of them, awesome, *1 would make an awesome print for a wall.
also, how brave are you!! lol id have been s***ing it in the midle of the road in NY lol :)

No 1 for me....

Both great shots, and I think #1 edges it slightly for me. That said, #2 has personal resonance as that staircase on the left edge was one that I struggled up with a suitcase and a very large holdall just as what seemed like half of NYC came down it.

Me and SWMBO are getting married there in October and the plan is to spend a month out in NYC, and these have just convinced me all my photo kit is coming with me!

Back