Newbie Here

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I've only very recently joined Talk Photography and have much to learn, so here a little newbie question,
many of the images on the forums have a red cross on them and I am unable to view them, why is this ?
Cheers

Hi and welcome to TP

One reason for the 'red X' placeholder is on older threads where the image was hosted elsewhere (external to TP) and since the post, the member has removed or changed the image they hosted and linked to.

PS if you are seeing some but not all images, it would infer it is is not a browser settings issue :thinking:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Steve.

I hope you have fun here. There's sots to see and contribute to,

See you in the threads! :D

Hi Steve, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome Steve. As BoxBrownie said, some externally hosted images may have been deleted; also we had to do a cull of the oldest threads and images last year to avoid hosting charges for masses of storage, but that only applies to the oldest threads and images (the site goes back 15 years or so). You shouldn't generally be seeing the red cross though - if you can see the images in the review of the year thread, you should be ok.

Welcome to the forum Steve, I hope you enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Back