Newbie pics

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I feel a bit of an imposter here as I only have a compact allthough I have just got a Canon A570 IS that should allow me some more override features, my SLR is still a 35mm Canon AE1 :)

I took this back in September, I like the picture but not the colour and lighting so I've had a play with picasa [I havn't got photoshop :) ]
2086935127_f27d674691.jpg

adj one
2090232500_f25174af66.jpg

adj two
2090232570_223ec428c1.jpg

I think the B&W one is best

I adjusted this next one by sharpening the image then using a very soft focuse to the edges to highlight the canary wharf bit in the middle, any comments welcome

2089446265_a31c4d163c.jpg

Nice 1st pics. Welcome.:wave:

No need to apologise for the camera, a photo is a photo no matter the means of taking it.
Picasa's not exactly a slouch at editing either, I like the adjustments that you've made.(y)

Big difference between 1, 2 and 3, good improvements(y). I'd crop out a fair bit of the water at the bottom tho (rule of thirds and all that), it'll give you a better composition. No 4 looks about spot on in that respect(y)(y)

Hello Fixedwheel and welcome, no need to apologise these are fine photos. The suggested crop will strengthen the photos 2 and 3 both work well.

Very nice shots you,ve taken there my friend, and just remember it,s not the camera but who is holding it i,ve seen many a fine photo taken on a compact (y)

[I havn't got photoshop :) ]

I bought an R2400 recently and it came with 3 full photoshop elements discs! Complete with their own serial numbers. If you send me a PM with your address I will pop the last one in the post to you, two others have already gone to other members! I have no need for them as I use CS3! (They are Mac or PC)

Great pic! (crops even better!)

As mentioned above and im sure Ken Rockwell would agree - a camera is a camera, its the big fleshy thing behind it that makes the magic!

( i have to keep telling myself this everytime i have a peek on ebay!)

(y)

2nd colour one for me.

The others lack impact imho.

Keep up the good work. I used a compact for about 5 years when I couldn;t be arsed slinging all the dslr gear about!

Back