Newbie - which mono/strobe to buy?

Edit My Images
Yes
Never used one before and not sure where to start.. need something with a fast recycle time, fairly portable as I shoot mostly locations , something battery powered for when shooting outside with a strong flash I guess. Simple to use always good as I am awful with tech :(

I use Sony A7sII. Shoot glamour photos.

Budget wise - mid range ( someone suggested Profoto D2 1000 but thats way off for my fist light LOL)

Have a look at the Godox AD range, (AD200/300/400/600).
Assuming you are in the UK, I'd advise using either Lencarta or Essential Photo (PixaPro is rebranded Godox) to get a proper UK warranty.

Seconded. (y)

It sounds like the AD400 might be just what you're looking for. :cool:

Thirded but if in the UK buy the Pixapro version (Pika200) from Essential Photo, way better warranty and customer service.

I can get you a 10% discount using my mates code. He does video/tutorial work for them and is one of their studios where you can try before you buy.

Whatever you buy you have to take into account triggers.
As for modifiers. You can't go wrong with a 60" umbrella and a stand.

Yes UK . Amazing thanks guys much appreciated.

What triggers do I need pls for the 400?

There’s a choice of triggers, the Xpro is the favourite, unless you need a pass through

There’s a choice of triggers, the Xpro is the favourite, unless you need a pass through

Just bought myself one of these.

Very nice and seems relatively simple to use.

Better than who?
Lencarta warranty is the same as Essential photo, and Lencarta also have their own inhome repair service.
Looks like the only difference is your friend [emoji38]
Personal experience with Lencarta has put me off for life.

Personal experience with Lencarta has put me off for life.
In which case I'm sure I will be able to help, and will get their Managing Director to solve the problem, just PM me with the details and consider it done.

Unless, of course, it didn't happen. I don't like to doubt people, but you did make an untrue statement here
Thirded but if in the UK buy the Pixapro version (Pika200) from Essential Photo, way better warranty and customer service.

I can get you a 10% discount using my mates code. He does video/tutorial work for them and is one of their studios where you can try before you buy.

Whatever you buy you have to take into account triggers.
As for modifiers. You can't go wrong with a 60" umbrella and a stand.
And, for completeness, Lencarta is the ONLY Godox authorised repairer in the UK

In which case I'm sure I will be able to help, and will get their Managing Director to solve the problem, just PM me with the details and consider it done.

Unless, of course, it didn't happen. I don't like to doubt people, but you did make an untrue statement here

And, for completeness, Lencarta is the ONLY Godox authorised repairer in the UK
Nothing heard, what a surprise :)

Back