Beginner Newbie

Name
Hattie
Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone,
I’m new to photography and looking for any reccomendations for equipment and beginner SLR courses in the South east London / Kent area?

Many thanks,

Hattie

Welcome Hattie,

I'm in the Midlands but I'm sure a southerner will be along with some suggestions.

I'd consider a mirrorless camera rather than a DSLR but this is a personal preference.

I've had both types but prefer mirrorless and have had Fuji, Olympus and now Sony.

Hey!
Thank you GreenNinja, and thank you for your advice.
I have not seen a mirrorless camera before, at the moment I have a second hand Olympus E400 to play around with before I bite the bullet and invest in a new camera. I will definitely look into the mirrorless. I have worked with only film camera in the past.

I am hoping a course will help me find my way round the camera, although I have read a few responses on other posts saying they are not needed and everything can be found online.

Why not look for a camera club near to you, that's where I first started. Lots of friendly help and advice, and you can touch and hold other cameras before you decide to buy. I too us mirrorless, Fuji.

Back