newbie's pics

Edit My Images
Yes
this will be my 1st post so go steady pls, ive got a fear of postin on forums im not used to:) a few random ones

1- beeley moor

beeley069.jpg

2- waterfall at beeley moor

photo1.jpg

3- castleton it was colder than it looks!

1020.jpg

The 3rd ones good!! :D The 1st one looks a little underexposed in the foreground, the crop looks a little tight, and you could do with cloning out the dust bunnies!! :) The 2nd one looks like it could do with a sharpen, it looks a little blurred to me!

Far better than my 1st attempt, well done!! :D

The first shot is ruined by the dust bunnies all over the sky.

Did you use a tripod for the 2nd shot as it looks a little wobbly?

The 3rd shot looks like a scale model of some sort but it is my fav.

Hi clem :wave: welcome.

Don't worry about posting here we're normally quite nice, honest :naughty:

I quite like the second one and I think the low viewpoint works quite well. The B&W is nice too though the foliage also looks a little blurred so make sure that camera is rock steady for those longer exposures.

I'll whisper the next bit, it can be our secret..............
The first one, you have a couple of blobs in the sky, this is dirt on your sensor so you might want to give it a clean.(y) It's what the others are calling dust bunnies, we all get them so don't worry.

So welcome and keep them coming.

Last edited:
Nice shots, but the dust bunny has been grazing on your lens!

dont be scared:) We are all here to learn. So... none of them really works for me. No1 - underexposed, No2 - not in focus, No3 - personally think the DOF is to shallow (use smaller aperture - high F number). On plus side, I think the composition is not bad at all.

The last one is a great take and it took me a little while to figure out just what was what going on there.

The first one doesn't look underexposed to me at all. What I thought is that it needs some processing time to really bring it out. I've had a little play and I think you've got a fab shot there. I've uploaded it to my gallery here but I didn't post it back into the thread as you've not ticked the box to say people can edit your pics. :)

thanks for the c&c guys, im just gettin into a little photoshoping at the moment, all these shots r straight out of the camera & i've had the sensor cleaned since these were taken:) ive got to slow down when takin pics i tend to rush for some reason:shrug:

It's odd but it takes time to start to slow down when you're taking photos. The more you shoot and the more you look around at the world as a set for your photos, the more you'll start to find a natural pace that suits you.

As long as you're enjoying it, it's all good really. (y)

..... and since you've ticked the box now, here's your shot after a couple of clicks in photoshop.

beeley069.jpg

Like #3 with the shallow depth of field. Not something you usually do with landscape photography.

can you resize you pictures please. the limit here is 800 pixels for pictures displayed in threads.

Like #3 with the shallow depth of field. Not something you usually do with landscape photography.

can you resize you pictures please. the limit here is 800 pixels for pictures displayed in threads.

ye how ya do that then:shrug: i uploaded them from photobucket, im not to great with this computer lark stuff, sorry bout that thought they where big after lookin at others

Last edited:
Back