Newcastle Airport - A Few Shots

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few shots of some aircraft shot on Saturday afternoon whilst waiting for the Sunderland Airshow aircraft to appear.

I'm only just starting out so the camera in on 'Automatic' mode! :(

Any critique is welcome! Thanks!

Nick.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

As far as framing goes I think they're OK. As a quick critique I think the verticals in the top pic are a little off, they're all a little soft (too my eyes) and the helo's could do with some rotor blur. Actually as you're in auto-mode, rotor blur is going to be quite hard to achieve. Have a look through the transport forum for some shots that show the blur and take a note of the shutter-speed etc, I can't give you a speed as I've no experience other than observing other people shots.

Hope that helps...

I feel that these pictures look too static, and lack a sense movement. With a lower shutter speed you'll get a sense of movement within your pictures. With the example of the helicopter, i would use a shutter speed of 1/30, just to blur the rotors, but you'll have to pan with the helicopter to stop it from blurring. I have a few examples of panning on my website, (the fiat 500).

Hope this helps.

www.davidmajoe.com

As said need a lower shutter to blur the rotors ect but on a good point i think composition wise 1 is a cracking shot.

With the example of the helicopter, i would use a shutter speed of 1/30, just to blur the rotors, but you'll have to pan with the helicopter to stop it from blurring.

i'd suggest 1/320th to start, then 1/160th as you get better with practice.

1/30th is ridiculously low

As said before, a sense of motion would have transformed these pics. Perhaps a 1/125 shutter speed could have achieved this, had you used shutter priority mode. But when you make it out of auto mode and learn more about your camera, you'll be shooting in manual modes and really start to get creative. which is when the fun starts.

Keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas people. I totally agree with the action needed in the shots. I'll move onto shutter priority next and see how I fair!

Thanks again!

PS - I'll number them next time!

Back