Newcastle Mela (56k beware!)

Edit My Images
No
Newcastle's Asian community held its annual Mela over the last couple of days. Here's some shots of the fashion show, music and people.

33983134-O.jpg

33983138-O.jpg

33983143-O-1.jpg

33983146-O.jpg

33983117-O.jpg

Legacy

33983128-O.jpg

Veronica

33983113-O.jpg

...Probably thinking the world has come to an end

33983124-O.jpg

"Oh no you don't". Toerags were swiftly ejected.

33983120-O.jpg

"I've lost my mummy..."

Great shots. The framing on No 2 is a knockout! :icon_cool

Is 'Veronica' taken with a mirror lens?

Adrian, I'm loving that last one. It tells a story all in itself without the comment.

Cheers guys :). CT - I think you've noticed the ring bokeh? They were all taken with my 100-400L which occasionally gives that effect.

Adrian said:
CT - I think you've noticed the ring bokeh? They were all taken with my 100-400L which occasionally gives that effect.

Really? I'm intrigued now! I can feel some test shots coming on.:)

I've noticed that 'ring bokeh' before and noticed how it is different from the other bokeh that I've seen in other shots, and I've always wondered why this is so. Why is it different, and where does it come from?

That donut effect is usually typical of the oof highlights you get with a mirror (cat) lens. It's not unheard of for long lenses to sometimes produce the effect. First time I've noticed it with the 100-400L so it's interesting.

2x500mirror_01.jpg

Great shots Adrian, I particually like no's 2 & 7. The last 2, as Marcel said tell a story in themselves and catch the moment well. Think legacy no5 is really Peter Andre', he gets everywhere these days. :)

2nd and forth for me, great framing and capturing of the moment.

The shot of the gentleman wearing the headress is a great example of isolating a subject, this could have been shot anywhere and not in sunny Newcastle ;) Fantasic detail there buddy and a nice series of shots :thumb:

great shots, really like the portraits, nice.

Back