Steve Henderson

Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve henderson
Edit My Images
Yes
I know the weather was no good tonight but I had a little time to spare so
I drove to the quayside for a few pics.
I have also added two I took the other day one in Black and White ( The gravestone theme ) and one of the owl ! I was just wanting opinions on them if you don't mind.
Feel free to speak your mind thats how I will learn.
If they are Ok or even good well so be it.

Here goes

1-4.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Regards Steve

In reverse order: love the owl. quirky shot, nicely done. The graveyard is effective, also nicely executed.

shots three and two: are static and lacking a real subject. the colors in #2 are very nice, but not enough to grab my attention.

Shot number 1 is pretty good...I like the symmetry, with the globe centered. The background buildings are asymmetrical, so it all works (at least for me.)

Thanks for sharing.

Like the graveyard and the owl. Processing on graveyard is very effective giving it a desolate, spooky feel. The owl is lovely and sharp with the focus on those lovely eyes (y)
Like the colour and soft tones in no1 and as Hunter said nice symmetry (y)
Sky looks a little unreal perhaps suffering from over processing too far in the curves adjustment :shrug:
No3 looks a little cluttered and not sure what the main focus is meant to be.

I'd like to differ from the last two, i really do like the owl, nice close crop that works, but the graveyard really does not do it for me, it looks fake, the sky and the grave look like they have been added to the image. The newcastle shots are ok, particularly the first one, i have one similar myself.

I dislike nearly all mono shots I see posted and never comment on them but your tomb and gravestone shot is close to being an exception :) edit: agree with wez above but don't see it as a problem here.

All personal taste but I'm seeing the processing in the first ones as much as the image - they have a HDR look to them and I'd prefer it more natural. compositions are fine though the pictures don't look quite straight.

not sure what an owl is doing in the landscape section ;) The eyes are good but the bird looks like it is a photoshop cutout placed on a black background.

Last edited:
i love number four outsatnding image

really is a special shot, lighting is fantastic and the way the building is light ot perfection.
the headstone leads through the picture, again excellent compostion.
outstanding picture. well taken

owl is great, looks like it's doing the crawl/swim-stroke.
gravestone is very dramatic, like it a lot. good job on the clouds too.

not so keen on the other mono shots. not enough simplicity for me and tones are too much on the right i think.

shot #1 is nice - looks like you were (deliberately) bathing the mini-globe colours with complementing sky tones.

Thanks for all the comments.
I will try to get a couple more today post them later for your ratings.
I suppose this is how we can improve and if no one tells you the faults you will never adjust your methods.

Thanks again

Steve

Back