Newcastle sunset

Edit My Images
Yes
Sunset on the Quayside, given HDR treatment from a bracketed shot hand held. Using the Nikon 10.5 fisheye.

Very nice! Noticed that the sky is a different colour blue on both sides of the bridge though... ;) Prefer the colours to the left, and the contrast and clearness to the right... what can be done? :)

SJ

it is isn't it.

It does seem worse after using image shack to host though. Not too sure what can be done.

ta

Fiddled with it in photoshop: curves, saturation. Painted out the lens flare. A little (too much?) sharpening. What do you think?

toonsunset2smallhz0copy.jpg

Cheers!

SJ

Image above appears to have some strange halo / casting around.

Instantly to me, the original image appears to have a lot less contrast on the left side of the image.

How many shots composed this 1 James?

Thanks SB, but TBH, I think the lens flare was a major constituent of the whole pic, that may just be me though.;)

One benefit is to the detail of the buildings underneath it.

Lee, I think that was 4 exposures. There is a definite halo around the first bridge.

I think I'll hoy it through Photomatix again.

cheers

Oh, it's definately me :) I think my lensflare-dislike comes from a time when I was into computer-generated graphics (3d) where forums were dominated by cheesy lensflares (not the case with your image). Somehow I associate it with lesser quality image. Again, must be me!

Looking forward to a re-hoy. You may want to straighten out (well, not the curve, but the image seems slightly tilted) the horizon as well, if I may nitpick :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oh, it's definately me :) I think my lensflare-dislike comes from a time when I was into computer-generated graphics (3d) where forums were dominated by cheesy lensflares (not the case with your image). Somehow I associate it with lesser quality image. Again, must be me!

Looking forward to a re-hoy. You may want to straighten out (well, not the curve, but the image seems slightly tilted) the horizon as well, if I may nitpick :)

Cheers!

You may pick your nits at will sir. ;)

I like this very much! Compositions great. The sky has suffered a bit from the HDRing but not to the overall detriment of the image imho. Nice one!

I like this very much! Compositions great. The sky has suffered a bit from the HDRing but not to the overall detriment of the image imho. Nice one!

And believe me...he knows! :D:D

Back