Next Step Camera

Name
Benjamin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

In a nutshell, my 450D is starting to show a few signs of wear (errors etc), and I'm thinking of upgrading. Probably keeping to Canon because of my lenses, what would the next step camera be? Ideally I'd like to see a bit of a step up in the auto focus and resolution.

I've done a brief bit of investigation, but getting pretty bogged down in 2000D's and 750D's and 80D's.

Budget wise, not really looking to spend more than around £200 / £300, as I do (did at the moment!) a lot of riding and running with it, so don't want something overly expensive to whack on a tree.

Usage wise, bit of bird photography with my telephoto lens, but of 'general' with a 24mm or a 50mm lens.

If you're after birds then you want the best AF system and the fastest fps you can get. I held off getting a 750D/760D because I didn't feel it was enough of an improvement over my 550D, but then got the 800D which is soooooo much better for wildlife. The 2000D isn't going to do it for you. The 80D I believe is basically the 800D packaged in a higher end body (bigger, heavier, more durable) so out of the three would be the best.

Back