NHS to outsource to India?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Apparently, this has happened recently at one of the local hospitals here. The brown stuff really hit the fan as stuff was taking forever, people were getting missed appointments and there were translation problems and wrong information being typed :eek:

It's not new....some hospitals are sending their (digital) X-ray images to India for reporting, 'cos it's quicker than waiting 3 weeks for a radiologist here to do it. Absolutely barking.....if only we had a decent amount of properly qualified staff here in the UK we could turn reports around in a much shorter time frame.... Long term planning was never any UK governments forte.

Norwich Union outsourced to India and I did get told a while ago that they regretted it.

I also heard that they were outsourcing the purchase ledger and credit control departments (quite large ones!) was being outsourced to Sri Lanka! How true I don't know!

Quite a lot of companies are moving out of India due to loosing customers, for program development (IT/programming), they seem to be good and save developers a fortune but for call centres, they loose customers.

I'd be surprised if this got anywhere! But then, this is Britain :(

Carl.

? Why don't we outsource Britain to India?
A: Because it's already been outsourced to the US of A ;) ;)

Norwich Union outsourced to India and I did get told a while ago that they regretted it.

I also heard that they were outsourcing the purchase ledger and credit control departments (quite large ones!) was being outsourced to Sri Lanka! How true I don't know!

It's true. My company has to do a lot of invoicing to NU, and they're rubbish. Things are NEVER paid on time, and they just seem to make stuff up on the phone when it comes to chasing up invoices.

I work part time ( a few shifts a month) for the Sheffield West PCT as an out of hours doctor driver/assistant. We are constantly berated about being late to see patients or not meeting targets. It is not a lack of untrained staff etc it is a lack of money. We regularly have to cover the whole of Sheffield out as far as castleton with 1 doctor and driver. Is it any surprise that we can't make targets?
The other problem is the patients themselves, I kid you not that we have people insisting on a visit because they have stubbed their toe or have a hangover. 1 women admitted to going out and having a few glasses of wine followed by a few vodka's, the following day she calls up to say she has a headache and felt sick. She insisted on a visit and this took up time and resources that could have been better utilised. Even I know she had a bloody hangover and would have told her to take 2 paracetamol and a glass of water, go to bed and call back in 4 hours if no better, but no, she insisted she was visited by a doctor, total cost to the tax payer approx £175.00
MAD. and this is not an isolated incident, this type of thing happens EVERY shift. ok rant over ta for listening.

you should see how royaly theyre screwing up the IT system, and how much its costing tax payers, when there are already companies capable of doing the job based in the uk with decades of experience at a fraction of the cost!

but i dont think the general public will ever get to see :bang:

Back