nice suprise.(spotted flycatcher)

Name
scott
Edit My Images
Yes
got home after the river walk with my kids to find a pair of spotted flycatchers sitting in my tree:D not the best shots,iso1600 slow shutter speeds at 500mm, but im happy.
SJB14430.jpg

SJB14470.jpg

Last edited:
Good spot and nicely captured.

very nice, QUICK!! get some nesting boxes out...mark

Excellent images and lucky siting... (y) ...they are increasingly less common unfortunately... :shrug:

They will use the half-open fronted types that Robins prefer but are very capable nest builders and have used hanging baskets and vines against houses regularly... :D

:p

Great Capture,
Must have heard you were in the area and came for a private sitting.

Excellent images and lucky siting... (y) ...they are increasingly less common unfortunately... :shrug:

They will use the half-open fronted types that Robins prefer but are very capable nest builders and have used hanging baskets and vines against houses regularly... :D

Agreed, a couple of years ago I captured a pair with a nest at an Abbey in Nth Yorkshire [I was so pleased to come on here and announce I had got a pair of Dunnocks :bonk: ] and it really was perched inside a hole in the brickwork, very open fronted, so the robin style boxes should suit them fine.

Lovely shots btw and very pretty birds :clap:

like the way they are in the habitat Scott nice pics i have only ever seen one very briefly
thanks kaz it was my first, i have only been into birding since i moved in to my new house just over a year ago, and saw birds that i had never seen(goldcrests goldfinches jays. ) i get a very good selection(very lucky)

Back