nifty 50

Name
WAYNE CHAMPION
Edit My Images
Yes
i have seen a lot of talk on this site about the above lens i was wondering what is so good about it? excuse my ignorance i'm new :help:

Hey, Nifty fifty is a lens with an aperture or F1.4 or f1.8, so it has a bigger aperture giving you a better depth of field. Also they really cheap to, mine was about £67 in postage :)

Well worth keeping in your kit bag :)

i have seen a lot of talk on this site about the above lens i was wondering what is so good about it? excuse my ignorance i'm new :help:

1. Its a fast lens due to large aperture 1.8
  2. Large aperture means shallow depth of field - blurs background out.
  3. Small and light, easy to carry round
  4. Good for portraits though I haven't tried this yet.
  5. You can get really sharp pictures with it.
  6. On Nikon D40x only works in manual focus, so this makes you develop your shooting technique.
  7. Works well with my Raynox lens for macro, if using onboard flash you dont get the shadow of the lens that you get with a long zoom lens.

Any more things that are good about it anybody.:plus1:

nifties are not super cheap if u own a pentax!! *sadface* for some reason the pentax f1.4 nifty costs almost double of the cannon f1.7...

although there is a pentax f1.7 50mm, but i can't find it anywhere...

Haven't you looked on fleabay, Charlie C? Manual focus variants are available all the time. The old f1.8 55mm is harder to find.

how much is the pentax 1.4?

I'm still slightly struggling with my nifty, i think i need some more practise with apertures.

I always use the AV mode when i've got my nifty attatched, and i seem to struggle with getting photo's of cars totally in focus, all over the car. I shoot at about F8 - F9, but i always find it goes slightly soft at the furthest away edges.

Am i making an un-known mistake?

Back