Night Pics & Changing The Colours

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Sample pic below... can someone help me out with how I would change the sky so that it's more purpley (as suggested my that dude in edinburgh). I was trying last night, but couldn't work out how. I'm preferably after a non destructive method that can be done in either lightroom or photoshop's ACR plugin. And if it's not possible to do it in non-destructively, how would I do it?

Ideally, nice deep blue sky going to purple would be nice. Rather than black going to muddy brown/orange!

2925648296_bf08d13c4d_o.jpg

I'm not too fussed if the lights change colour a bit too, but I don't really want it to look like it's just got a colour cast, or is a mono/duo-tone etc.

EDIT: Just been doing some googling, and am wondering... if that is the effect I want, should I just be shooting at a different time of the day. ie: just as the lights start to socome on, while there is still some blue left in the sky?

Ok, answered my own query... can adjust with limited success using the WB and tint. New images added to original thread here.

Like the shot Lee and I like the flickr new version!!! Excellent - are those stars in the sky btw? i guess they must be!

Back